FAX: (404) 624-2417
POPULATION: ADULT MALE/FEMALE FELONS
SECURITY LEVEL: SPECIAL MISSION
RENOVATED: 2005 & 2011
Helms Facility is a 100 bed dual gender institution. Helms is operated under the direction of the Georgia Department of Corrections.
Helms Facility protects and serves the public as a professional organization of the Georgia Department of Corrections. Helms will effectively manage both pregnant females and medically challenged males. Helms will provide adequate medical care for both populations and maintain a safe and secure environment for the staff, inmates and the public.
50 inmate rooms with two beds in each; two (2) rooms are handicap accessible.
Residents from Metro/Clayton T.C. Provides all work details for Helms Facility
- Academic: General Education Diploma & Adult Basic Education
- Counseling: Moral Recognition Therapy, Active Parenting, & Motivation For Change
- Medical: 24 hour medical care is provided along with specialty Services
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various worship services that are conducted by volunteers
Take I-20E, exit at Moreland Avenue South and turn right. Travel approximately four miles and turn left onto Bailey Street which is directly across from the Overnight Truck Transport. Keep straight on Bailey until it turns into Constitution Road; Go over the railroad tracks and Helms Facility is on the right.